ROTARY MEMBERSHIP – Making a difference.
Why join Rotary and in particular the Rotary Club of the City of Wolverhampton?
In a sentence, you would be giving back to society in this country and overseas whilst making new friends and having fun!
We are proud of our club which was founded in 1921 making it one of Great Britain’s oldest clubs. In 1945 club member Tom Warren was the second British Rotarian ever to be appointed President of Rotary worldwide.
What type of people join Rotary?
Our membership consists of men and women of all ages and from all walks of life.
People who are experienced in the world of business, all trade- ,health and social care etc.
In other words you!
We welcome people who are able and willing to give their time and commitment to support the community and the wider world.
For almost a hundred years the City of Wolverhampton has benefited from a Rotary presence and this remarkable achievement will be celebrated during 2022.
Throughout our many years of service, we have supported a great variety of community projects involving all members of society .We need people to support the continuity of this work- people just like you . Come and find out more about our organisation and help provide a better future for us all.
Do I have to be invited to be a member of Rotary?
Yes, this distinguishes Rotary from other service organisations.
BUT —- Don’t let this put you off! Speak to a member of the club or indicate your interest via this website and we will get in touch with you. There is no obligation on either side. If you are interested we would really like to hear from you. We can then talk through details of meetings (we meet Tuesday lunchtimes), the cost of membership, lunch etc and further commitments.
What can you expect from Rotary?
- A sense of achievement in doing something really worthwhile in helping the community at home and in other parts of the world.
- Our fundraising events raise about £50,000 annually.
- You will have an enormous amount of fun working and socialising with club members. As well as the Club’s projects, we have an active social programme including a variety of sporting activities.
- You will make new and firm friends, working and socialising with like minded people as well as making new business contacts.
- You will learn new skills and grow as a person.
- The Rotary movement is worldwide and you will be sure of a warm welcome from fellow Rotarians whenever you are travelling abroad.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our club we want to hear from you — Please contact us either via this website or ring Sylvia Morgan on 07488399878. See us on Facebook – The Rotary Club of Wolverhampton.
‘’As Rotary is defined not by who we are, but by what we do, the potential that Rotary gives us , and the ways we realise that potential in meaningful and lasting service.’’ International President Ian Riseley.